About Dr. Joe A. Cantu:
Dr. Cantu has been practicing as a board certified chiropractic radiologist and chiropractic physician for 13 years. He graduated from National University of Health Sciences with a Doctor of Chiropractic in 1993, and went on to complete a Residency in Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging. He completed his Residency and became board certified as a Dipolomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology in 1997. He also continues to be a member of the research team at National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, IL, researching the effects of spinal manipulation on low back pain. He also has designed and teaches an X-ray Technologist Certification Course. In his free time, Dr. Cantu enjoys spending time with his family and friends, coaching baseball and volunteering through the Charlottesville Rotary Club and his children's elementary school.
What doctors are saying about Expert Radiology...
"Expert Radiology helps me rule-out subtle areas of pathology. From a liability standpoint, it's nice to have someone be my extra set of eyes. Certainly, I feel that my time is valuable and better spent treating patients than worrying if I caught everything on the film. And of course the turnaround time is excellent."
Dr. Kevin Russeau
- Doctor of Chiropractic (August, 1993)
- Illinois Licensure (September, 1993)
- Virginia Licensure (April, 2001)
- Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology 1997-Present
- Certified in Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography 1997-Present
- Chiropractic School: National University of Health Sciences (Lombard, IL)
- Internship: National College of Chiropractic Patient Center (Lombard, IL)
- Residency: National Lincoln School of Postgraduate Education (Lombard, IL)
- Fellowship: National University of Health Sciences - Research Department (Lombard, IL)
- Virginia Chiropractic Association's 2007-2008 Chiropractor of the Year
Paul Harris Fellow 2008
- National-Lincoln School of Post-Graduate Education
Kenneth E. Yochum Scholarship Excellence in Radiology
- National College of Chiropractic
Dean's List Grant-In-Aid Scholarship 1990-1993 Colonel Sanders Scholarship Illinois Chiropractic Society Auxiliary Scholarship
Memberships & Associations:
- Martha Jefferson Hospital - Physician Hospital Organization, Inc.
- Virginia Chiropractic Association:
Member 2001-Present Secretary 2007-2009
- Charlottesville Rotary Club
Member 2005-Present Officer: President 2010 - 2011 Officer: President Elect 2009 - 2010 Officer: Secretary 2008 - 2009 Officer: Treasurer 2006 - 2008
- University of Virginia's Institutional Review Board for Health Sciences Research 2006-2009
"For the Benefit of the Patient and for Your Peace of Mind"
Joe A. Cantu, D.C., D.A.C.B.R.
1911 Commonwealth Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22901
- Online Digital Capability
- Cost-Effective Pricing Plans
- Decreased Doctor's Liability